- PC running the Windows 95/98/NT/2000 operating system
- Internet Explorer version 5.0 or higher installed
To download the Image Co-Tracker:
- Click on "Free Download". The window, noting Image Co-Tracker runs under Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher will appear. Click Download to continue. The download window will appear
- Press OK button. Save As... window will appear
- Select the destination location and press Save button. The file download progress bar will appear
- Press OK button when the download is complete
The CoTracker.exe program automatically installs Image Co-Tracker 2.0 on your computer.
- Click on the Windows Start button, then select Run.
- Click Browse and navigate to the location of the Co-Tracker.exe program. Click on the program name to highlight it.
- Click OK.
- If you accept the terms of the license agreement, click Yes.
- If you have one of the previous versions of Image Co-Tracker (if you do not have one of the previous versions of Image Co-Tracker see item 6):
- the installation program will show you the message informing you the older version of the application has been found on your system. Click Continue.
- Click Continue in the next window. This will uninstall the previous version of Image Co-Tracker
- Click Close in the next window to finish the uninstallation process
- Click Continue in the "Welcome" window
- Click Next to install the program into the default folder or use the Browse... button to change it. If the installation program creates a new folder click Yes in the confirmation window
- Click Close to finish the installation.
The next time you open Internet Explorer, you will see a Co-Tracker button on the toolbar. A Saved Images option was also added to the Tools menu. If you do not see the Co-Tracker button please see Troubleshooting Guide. Finally, if you click the right button of the mouse on an image, you will see a Grab Image option.
To Uninstall Image Co-Tracker:
- Click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the Settings menu.
- Double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Click on Co-Tracker in the list that appears, then press the OK button.
To Delete the Image Co-Tracker Database
Deleting the Image Co-Tracker database will remove all the saved image-related files from your computer. Even if you delete the program, you may wish to retain the database in case you decide to re-install the program or upgrade to a newer version in the future.
You can delete the Image Co-Tracker database before or after uninstalling the program.
To delete the database before uninstalling the program, open the Image Co-Tracker window and click on the Delete All Saved Images icon on the toolbar. The program will ask you to confirm that you wish to delete these items.
To delete the database after uninstalling the program, use Windows Explorer to find the Cogitum folder. Open this folder to verify that it contains a file called store.xml, as well as the banner image files. Then simply delete this directory.